Monday, May 25, 2009

Now where is my almond butter?

I am moved and settled! I am so happy to be here in my new home with everything unpacked. I can breathe a sigh of relief after a month of living amongst cardboard and garbage bags! It's been a busy few days. I can't say it's been the healthiest few days, but it's been productive! We had company over on Friday and Saturday, so I ate lots of pizza and champagne (our real estate agent brought it over in celebration, so how could I resist?  It was my first time having bona fide REAL champagne.  It was tasty, to say the least!). 

Yesterday, things calmed down a bit and I was able to get my eating back on track! I even made it to the grocery store and bought a few treats, like Mary's Oraganic Crackers and Hemp protein powder with maca (whatever the heck that is!).

I started my Sunday off with a Green Monster for breakfast (Ok, I am new to this blogspot thing and have no idea how to rotate photos!). The psychological benefits of one of these is worth it alone. I feel so great after consuming one! This one contained:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of almond and dairy milk (mixed because I ran out of almond!)
  • 1/2 cup grapes
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 3 kale leaves
  • 1 scoop of hemp protein powder (60 calories and 7 grams of protein!)
I enjoyed it like always, but I think I am going to convert back to spinach for my Green Monsters.  I just can't seem to blend the kale up enough and they are WAY too chunky.  I also prefer the brighter shade of green provided by the spinach.  Call me vain if you will!

For a snack, I was itching to dig into these babies:
They were on sale for $3.50, which is much cheaper than usual.  I probably should have picked up many boxes, because they are so delicious.  I had one serving.

For lunch, I made a big salad with spinach, avocado, broccoli, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and some raw trail mix sprinkled on top with balsamic vinaigrette.  I also had some chickpea and olive salad and some pasta salad left over from the night before.  I love lunches like these.  You've got the healthy (veggies) mixed in with the not-so-healthy (oil-covered carbs).  It strikes a good balance.

I didn't have a snack and I have no idea why not.  I was at a little "welcome to the neighbourhood" party, and didn't eat a thing!  It was hot in the sun so I stuck to water.

For dinner, we kept it easy with roasted red pepper and tomato soup coupled with an egg salad sandwich, a leftover from the move on Friday.

For dessert, some mango and blackberries...

And one of these 60% dark chocolate Lindor chocolates for a snack:

It felt good to get my eating "back on track".  Now that we are out of an apartment and in a house, I am excited by the ability to buy staples on sale and store them in the basement.  I imagine myself hoarding boxes of Larabars and Mary's crackers in a corner by the furnace.  

I am so stoked to have the Internet back, I'll likely post tonight about what I ate today.  Can you handle the anticipation? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment