Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When good cookies go bad

I woke up this morning full of excitement because I instantly remembered what I had planned for breakfast today:  BREAKFAST COOKIE.  Mornings are bearable when there is a fresh cookie waiting for you!  However, I am sad to say that this wasn’t one of my favourites.  Three words:  TOO MUCH BANANA.  My bananas are starting to turn, so I thought I would use up a whole one in this concoction.  Mistake!  The consistency was just too mushy.  This cookie is made with 1/3 cup of quick oats, 1 banana, 1 tbsp of milk, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, a few raisins and some cinnamon smushed together and flattened onto a plate over night.  I really enjoyed the banana peanut butter combo (this would have greatly benefitted from the inclusion of chocolate chips as well!), but the mushiness really put a damper on things.  Oh well, you live, you learn! 


I also had this breakfast cookie with a combo of ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt and ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce topped with some cinnamon.  Maybe it was the morning fog, but I thought that this would actually taste good.  No.  It didn’t.  I guess you could say that this breakfast was a gigantic FAIL.  Boo!


Redemption came with my morning snack.  I had about ½ cup of 1% cottage cheese topped with some organic wild blueberries (from frozen, I just let them thaw overnight in the fridge).  This turned out to be a big purple mess of deliciousness.


I had an early lunch due to a midday dentist appointment.  I had a leftover taco from the night before.  Objects in picture are tastier than they appear.


Having the earlier lunch really messed me up though!  So much for intuitive eating.  After lunch, I was craving some chocolate so I had four dark chocolate-covered almonds (stashed in my desk for EMERGENCY CHOCOLATE ATTACKS ONLY).  Then around 1:30, I had an apple (I didn’t want to dirty my shiny, newly cleaned teeth so I opted out of my Starbucks today.  Why do I do that to myself, I will never know).  Of course I was hungry at 2:30, so I had four more almonds and then nabbed some carrots and hummus from the staff fridge.  I think I had like 15 or 20 carrots and at least 3 heaping tablespoons of hummus.  I was starved!  Or maybe I was just bored.  Starved, bored…they go together like Hanz and Franz (We gonna pump *clap* you up)(Ok, did I just age myself like 10 years with that reference?).


For dinner, I wanted something heavy on the veggies!  I also utilized only one kitchen appliance.  I baked a potato, roasted some asparagus, and heated up an Amy’s Veggie Patty all in the same oven.  



This meal was economical AND environmental. 




I topped the potato and patty with some chipotle salsa.  I was also itching to eat some of my maranatha raw almond butter, so I had some on a slice of toasted whole wheat.  Perfection.


Right now, I am having some lemon green tea and digesting one of those Lindor chocolates for a snack.  It is one of those evenings where I think I could consume the entire contents of my fridge, but I am somehow abstaining.  

No comments:

Post a Comment