Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bachelorette Weekend

I write this with a full belly and yet have the yearning to eat more. Don't I know this feeling well! I am holding out for an hour and then will have some hot chocolate. That sounds like a good compromise.

Well this past weekend, I was up north at a bachelorette party weekend! I made sure to pack some healthy snacks so as to prevent those pesky SNACK ATTACKS.
The food was excellent and I had some great company...

Who needs a male stripper when one has a donkey?  If I had a quarter for every time I've ever said that.

When we first got to the cottage, everyone was already ready to go for a hike.  We went out for a 2-3 hour journey.  It was tough work, but the scenery was beautiful and made me very hungry for a late lunch.

For our first meal, we had some pumpkin soup, veggies and various dips. I had two bowls of this soup, a couple slices of pita bread, a few more veggies, and much more hummus! I had a glass of red wine too. It was "Fuzion" from Argentina, a very inexpensive wine that is absolutely delicious!
For dinner, a barbecued portobello mushroom and greek pasta salad (which I made!). Because I love pasta salad, I did not have a bun with my "burger". I did have seconds of the salad. I also had another glass of that great wine!

Throughout the evening, I enjoyed some great snacks. I did not partake in the fancy blender drinks, but I did have a couple of smores on the fire and a few chips with homemade guacamole.  I think these were great choices.  The smores were a must and I have yet to deny the almighty Homemade Guac!

This morning, I had this delicious homemade waffle with berries and real maple syrup. I also had a banana, some strawberries, melon and coffee with half and half.  For this one meal, I also assumed the moniker of "Cathy".

On the drive home, I had an apple and an oatmeal raisin Clif bar.

As tempting as the frozen pizza in my freezer was, I knew I'd polish off that sucker in one sitting flat due to my emotions (craving a night of tv and carbohydrates!). I decided to have some steamed broccoli, a baked potato with salsa, and some baked tofu (in a marinade made of olive oil, honey, chili pepper, paprika and black pepper).
I am now watching a Sex and the City marathon with my cat, Dr. Snuggles, sleeping on my arm. Not a bad way to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment