Thursday, June 4, 2009

Organic bliss where you'd least expect it!

Please excuse the time on this post. I was very clever and uploaded the photos from my camera (takes forever!) and then saved this blog draft while I went out shopping at Walmart. You would not believe the awesome deals I scored tonight! But I will save those for tomorrow's post.

This morning began with my good buddy, the Green Monster. It's getting to the point where I feel I need one of these everyday. Either one of these or a big, green salad. I think that officially makes me a health nut, doesn't it?  This GM is composed of:
  • 1/2 banana
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 scoop of hemp protein powder
  • 2 big handfuls of spinach
I had it with one of my homemade blueberry scones which I had frozen from last week's batch.
I threw caution to the wind and decided to make a cup of green tea once I got to work. It wasn't cold or rainy or anything, I just felt like a little pick-me-up.
For a snack, I had some strawberries...
And a few cashews and walnuts.
For lunch, we had a pizza party at work. If you raised $25 for our annual walkathon (I work for a charity), then you got to partake. I brought a salad but had one small slice of veggie pizza. This salad is your basic mix of spinach and vegetables with some feta cheese, goji berries, raisins, and walnuts. I had a tiny bit of a sundried tomato and oregano dressing on this.
For an afternoon snack, a good old 3:30 apple. I arrived home from work to my man cooking meat in the backyard. He works best when dealing with an open flame! I did not have any of the angus burgers he was cooking. I had another one of my overly-processed yet satisfyingly delicious sweet italian "sausages" with some grilled veggies, some leftover bean salad, and two slices of whole grain bread. This filled me up and yet I had a sweet tooth I couldn't shake! I had one of these: I bought these because of the packaging. I'm being honest! "A taste of life" sounds...tasty. I want some of that.
This definitely appeals to my new age/hippie food side. The ingredient list isn't half-bad...
Although there are some weirdo words in there. It's kind of amazing how much soy is in EVERYTHING.
They aren't too bad, but I wouldn't buy them again.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. It's my first half-day Friday at work (each summer, we get Friday afternoons off!) so I am going to hit up The Big Carrot, my favourite health food store, as well as my local farmer's market which officially begins the season! I anticipate a great day of food ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment