Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Morning

No pictures from Friday or Saturday - sorry! I fell off the food blogging bandwagon. The effects were immediately felt: I definitely ate more yesterday than I have in a long, long time. Must start taking photos again this morning! I think there is a Green Monster with my name on it...

On Friday, I had one of the best meals of my life. I think it was mostly because I've been so "good" lately, and my body isn't used to so much food. We went to The Keg for dinner. Have you tried their bread? It is enough to make a girl swear off WHOLE WHEAT flour. It is warm, dough-y, and very very white. I ordered the portobello mushroom fajitas and I ate every single bite - about five fajitas! And I also had a "Keg sized" glass of 9 ounces of red wine. I felt like King Henry VIII or some other obese, gluttonous member of royalty. It was actually marvelous and an eye opener about food's true and beautiful power! It is important to have splurges where it is justified and truly enjoy food for what it is. It doesn't always have to be healthy...or green!

I will return to food blogging today. We are going on a long bike ride so I will be sure to pack some healthy snacks! Maybe take some photos of our journey too.

I hope you are having a great weekend. Enjoy this last one before summer truly begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment