Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blah

I am still sick! My cold seems to have migrated from my head to my lungs. Around 4:00 am this morning, I gave up on the idea of sleep altogether. It is weird and a bit creepy to be up so early. I called out sick to work again and have slept off and on all morning. Sleep really does wonders and reminds me that I need to make sure I get in my 8 hours every night as well as my vitamins (I think that slipping off the vitamin bandwagon over the weekend, as well as being dehydrated from the bike ride, is what pushed my body over the edge and made it susceptible to this cold!).

Today I have really been craving the carbs! I also got my period today (oh yes, I am going there on a public blog!), so it is just all sorts of fun happening in this body right now.

Around 5:00 am (ugh), I had some whole wheat toast with peanut butter along with a mug of green tea. This toast really hit the spot!


Somewhere around 8:00 am, I had a Green Monster. It contained:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 kiwi
  • 1 spoonful of flax meal
  • 2 handfuls of spinach


Then the Carb Monster that lurks inside of my body decided to rear its ugly head! The only thing that appealed to me was some plain wheat crackers. I had a bowl...


and possibly a second.

For lunch, I had an open-faced grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with a glass of guava juice.


And two squares of Lindor milk chocolate (no photo because I popped those suckers into my mouth too fast!)

Aside from the GM, all of this food looks so blah and boring, eh? Where is the colour? I will try to eat lots of fruits and veggies for the rest of the day. When I am sick, I am really caught in the middle between wanting to eat as healthfully as possible to help restore my body and wanting to succumb to my cravings and eat what makes me temporarily happy, like carbs and chocolate. I think I am doing a fair job of balancing between the two, but I really could use, I don't know, a carrot or something.

When you are sick, do you try to eat healthy, or do you eat what makes you happy even if it's unhealthy?

Well, now I am drinking some black tea with honey, lemon and milk and I will probably check out the world of online celeb goss! We are supposed to get a thunderstorm this afternoon, and that would really make this picture complete.

I shall return later this evening, hopefully with a picture of a carrot!

2 comments:

  1. When I am sick I barely eat at all. I don't want to eat when I feel shitty, and when I do it's something bland like plain toast or saltines. I think I mostly sustain myself on mucus (ewww)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people lose their appetite when sick, but of course the opposite happens for me! Plain toast sounds REALLY good right now...

    ReplyDelete