Monday, June 1, 2009

Food is what makes the ride worthwhile

Since the hubs tried his first Green Monster, I had to capture the experience on film. This was taken about 40 seconds after he got out of bed. I am a GREAT wife (yes, he is drinking it out of a Corona bottle that was blown into a glass!)


This was taken pre-taste. Post-taste was a bit too difficult to get on camera because there was too much Green Monster Action.

So another Monday has come and another Monday has almost gone. I am looking forward to an evening of reality television (Intervention is one of my favourite shows!).

I started the week off right with a Breakfast Cookie.  This one contained:
  • 1/3 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 Tbsp milk
  • 1 spoonful of flax meal
  • 1 spoonful of peanut butter
  • 1 Tbsp pepitas
  • 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened dessicated coconut
Good stuff when paired with a bowl of strawberries.

For a snack, I tapped into a new container of cottage cheese topped with frozen blueberries.

For lunch, I had some leftover bean salad with some spinach and tomato. Whenever I make a batch of bean salad, I feel like it lasts for days and I have some at every meal. Beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, I am going to stop right there :)
(I also had two slices of ezekiel bread with lunch)

My afternoon snack was a good old-fashioned apple.  It was kind of on the small side.  I did not approve of this!

For dinner, I made the curried eggplant dish.  It turned out very good!  I subbed in a can of diced tomatoes and I didn't have fresh basil on hand so I used dried, but overall it was very tasty.  My only complaint is that it wasn't filling enough.  I had 1/2 cup of quinoa which I thought would be enough (it is a super grain, after all), but nope.  So I had another spoonful of the eggplant mixture which helped a tiny bit.
And to finish off the day, I had a cup of lemon green tea with a ginger molasses cookie (one of the ones I baked on Friday that did NOT get burned) and a strawberry. With the flower I received at the bridal shower, this makes for a rather quaint photo op.

This is a very sweet quote, although I find it equally as sweet if you replace "love" with "food"!


No comments:

Post a Comment